Thursday, March 18, 2010

Cafe Rio copycat recipes

Pork Barbacoa
Place 1 boneless pork rast in a crockpot. (I've used chicken before)
Mix together and pour over the roast:
1 McCormick Grill Mate southwest marinade packet
1 can Dr. Pepper
1/2 cup vinegar
2 T oil
1/4-1 1/2 cups brown sugar -depends on your sweet tooth. (I do 1 1/2!)

Cook on low for 5-7 hours till done in the middle. Shred the prok with a fork, then put back in the marinade and keep crockpot on low unitl serving.

Tomatillo Dressing
In a blender combine:
2 cups mayo
1 clove garlic
1/2 bunch cilantro, leaves only
2 T water
1-2 T vinegar
1 jalapeno, no seeds
1 tomatillo, quartered
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp salt

Cafe Rio Chicken
1 small bottle Kraft Zesty Italian dressing
1 T chili powder
1 T cumin
3 cloves garlic-minced
5 lbs chicken breast
Cook all together in a crock pot for 4 hrs, shred meat and cook an additional hour.
(I've never made this but I had the recipe so I thought I'd share!)

No comments:

Post a Comment